Jump to navigation Jump to search
The Main Web Site
There are two main pieces to the web site as it is now (2005).
- The static content is generated by scripts in a language I arrived at ("designed" is too dignified) specifically for the purpose of maintaining this site. It runs on MS Access 97. More about this later...
- The dynamic content, i.e. the shopping cart and the search engine, is all written in Perl using .dbm files for data storage. It is long overdue for a massive overhaul, but it's pretty reliable even so. More about this, also, later.
- The shopping cart and checkout use CGI-LIB
- ...three. There are now three parts, if you count this wiki.
See also: The Future
- VbzCart - the new shopping cart system